Friday, July 15, 2011

A Sunny Day at the Park

I had to work from home on Wednesday and it was such a gorgeous day, but I was SO busy and had a lot to get done work-wise, so it was just killing me how nice it was outside. And then I started to feel bad that the kids were stuck in the house also. Because their nanny gets them out every day. (They are so lucky to have her by the way - she is great.) And if they are at my moms, they are outside for some or most of the day also, either swimming or playing. So I think they were getting a little restless. By the time 3:45 or 4:00 rolled around, it was still gorgeous outside, temperature was perfect, the sun was shining, Andrew wasn't home yet, so we took a walk around the neighborhood. And they convinced me to take them to the park. Selfishly I kind of wanted to get a little more walking in for my own exercise, but I caved. As usual.
We lost Emma on the way. She refused to take a nap all day, and then crashed out on our walk to the park.
So I parked her in the shade so she could snooze while Drew and I played on the playground.


Sleepy head.

Look at what a perfect day it was!
That's what is so great about Summer... this picture was probably taken around 5ish, maybe later. It would be dark at this time of day during the winter, and the sun wasn't even close to setting.

You can see Drew swinging in this one.

I've been playing around with editing pictures a little bit lately at night after the kids go to bed.
It's kinda fun. I put a few of them in here. Once again, these are cell phone pics - so not the best quality. But it's a camera that I always have on me.


Emma is our dirty girl. She loves to dig in dirt, play with rocks and mud, bugs and weeds and roll in the grass. Drew on the other hand, freaks out if his hands are messy and demands that I help him wash his hands right away. Sometimes he even insists on me washing his hands in the middle of a meal. (Which is interesting considering he usually prefers to eat with his hands instead of his fork?) So I was watching him go down the slide and he yells over to me that there's a bug on him. I went over to check out this bug that he was so concerned about, and it was a cute little lady bug. I wanted him to see it, but he obviously wanted no part of it crawling all over him, so I put it on my hand and let him check it out. If it were Emma, she would probably be tormenting the poor thing by then. Once it was off of him, he was really interested in it.


And then there were two!

After about 40 minutes or so Emma decided to join us.

I just thought this looked really neat with the sun. (This one is not edited.)


Emma swingin'. She probably could have hung out on that swing ALL night long. Eventually I had to pry her out of it after many attempts to reason with her, beg, bribe, whatever. I told her Daddy was home now and we were going to go home and have dinner. She was not having it. She was perfectly content in her little swing, right where she was, doing what she was doing.



While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt


No comments:

Post a Comment