Sunday, February 6, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Dip

Strawberry Cheesecake Dip - with graham cracker sticks & apple slice dippers

When I started my blog, I said that I was going to post recipes also, because I love trying new recipes (well, the one's that turn out well!) But lately we have been really busy, so I've just been sticking to my traditional, tried and true recipes. No time for error.
But I do want to share some of those with you guys... because I have a few good ones, that I can guarantee will turn out well.

But anyway, I tried a new appetizer/dessert/dip thing to bring to a Super Bowl party today. (I'm not really quite sure what it's classified as.) I wanted to do something different, because all of the traditional game day food is covered already.

So I made it this morning, because it needs time to chill, and it came out well!
And it's super easy. I used my magic bullet, but you can use a blender also.
I 'healthified' it by using all low fat, no fat, sugar free, etc. ingredients, so that's also an option.

Throw everything in, blend until smooth, and chill. Then serve with whatever you want - I'm doing graham crackers and apple slices. 

16 oz - softened cream cheese (I used fat free cream cheese)
1/2 cup of strawberries, fresh or frozen. (I used a few cups of frozen strawberries. The more the better, right?)
1/4 cup of Sugar

1/4 cup Sour Cream (I used no fat sour cream)
1 teaspoon - orange liquor
1 teaspoon vanilla (I always tend to do an extra splash or so of vanilla in whatever I make that calls for it. That's a tip from my mom!)
I also put a small scoop of marshmallow fluff in it.


Blend it really well, and chill until you serve it. I cut up red and green apples into slices and broke graham crackers into the quarters for the dippers, but you can use cake bites, strawberries, other fruits, etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment