Sunday, February 20, 2011

A night out on the town - Chicago

Friday after work we went downtown to spend the evening and night in the City. We met our friends Serena & Lee, who also got a room to stay for the night. We went to a few bars before dinner (At the Welsh bar, or I think that's where we were, I had 'cider' for the first time and I liked it! It looks just like beer and is cold and on tap, but was sweet.) Apparently, it can lead to a very fun/interesting time if you have multiple, but I only had one. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant and were able to visit for a while with good food and wine.
After dinner we went to a piano bar to top off the night. Another plus, was that we were able to catch up on some MUCH needed sleep, and even sleep in a little! Our hotel room was really nice - perfect location, and since they did their big remodel recently, we were the first to stay in the room! Brand new! This is a picture that I took from our window, we were on the 30th floor, among other high rise buildings....

It was really nice to have a night away, with uninterrupted sleep, and being able to have a drink without knowing I would be awakened at 5:30 am by my little alarm clocks; but I must say I was so excited to get home and see my babies! Aunt Shauna stayed at our house with Emma and Drew for the night, until we got back on Saturday. Emma kept telling me the next morning that they had a "Sleepover!!!" She was pretty excited about it. And, aunt Shauna (Or Cha-cha as the twins call her) tends to give in a little easier when they ask for cookies and treats, I think. Andrew would probably say that I'm not that much better about it either, but I'm working on that. I'm a softy sometimes when it comes to them.


 Andrew and I
 Serena & Lee

 * Cheers! *  To mommy's night out!
 Lee was reserved, I guess.
Serena & I


Saturday we had some things to get done, so we bounced around town most of the afternoon.
 Drew and daddy went for their haircuts also.
My baby boy taking a quick nap on our way to the store.


I just wanted to post a pic of these roses from Valentines Day - check out how big they got! My roses never open that much!



No comments:

Post a Comment