Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Baking with my little Helpers

I had today off work, and I'm also off tomorrow. Just to spend a few days at home with Emma and Drew, and try to get prepared for Christmas... even if it is just mentally. Our lives are so crazy, day in and day out. We are constantly running from here to there, and sometimes it feels like we're just going through the motions. We did decorate for Christmas, put our tree up, Andrew did the lights outside.. and most of our shopping is done, but I just didn't have that usual holiday feeling. I never stopped to enjoy it or take any of it in. So that was my goal over the last few days. I wanted to just slow down, spend quality time with the kids, stay home and enjoy all of our Christmas decorations... listen to Christmas music, do some holiday baking... and I thought that's just what I needed. It's my favorite holiday, and I started to get a little sad thinking it would come and go without me even realizing it because of how busy our lives are right now.

So we did just that today! We cuddled on the couch and watched the Grinch that Stole Christmas, and later we put on Christmas music and sang and danced around and baked cookies.

First, we started our day with Christmas pancakes for my kiddos!


Then we got into the baking....
My little baker elfs!

Flour face!
Drew spent more time throwing flour around (To make it snow) than anything else. He is definitely a boy. Which... is why we do these types of activities while daddy isn't home. Because I'm sure Andrew would have had a heart attack had he seen the condition of the kitchen during this operation.







(This was about 1/3 of them)

And... Our MESS!!

On tomorrow's agenda: Cake Balls. (Sort of like a cake pop, but smaller- bite size, and not on a stick.)
We have a few errands to run if I'm brave enough to go to the stores the week before Christmas with crazy crowds and two crazy kids. ;-)
We will just have to see how the day goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment